As a latecomer to the Parks on the Air program, I didn't think there were any unactivated parks in the vicinity of where I live just southwest of Oslo. But the other day I found one which had been attempted, but with too few contacts to count as an activation. I managed more than the required ten, so that is a first for me.
It's a short walk from the parking to get to Høgåsen Nature Reserve, but the park is very inaccessible, steep and "well protected" against intruders like me by thorns, and bushes. It is unique for its yew trees (see image below) and holly, as well as deer (which I didn't meet!).
I had a total of 18 CW contacts and 1 using SSB with my QMX+ with about 8 Watts output in the 20 meter band. The longest distance was to New York and Newfoundland, and apart from that contacts were with France, England, Bosnia, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Serbia, and Iceland - and a local Norwegian contact with LA3PK.



No comments:
Post a Comment